Sunday, February 21, 2010

Movie Review: Until the Light Takes Us





THIS MOVIE WAS BULLSHIT. I fell asleep through parts of it. I'm a fan of documentaries. I'm a fan of select black metal. I'm not a fan of some film school yuppie making a you tube quality documentary. The cinematography was sad. I made more interesting film projects in high school. Harmony Korine made an appearance and made me realize more that Gummo was his only genius. I ended up knowing all the stories through past conversation with friends. So, obviously the guy who made this film only scratched the surface. The surface that can be found in books and on the internet. Varg was the most intersting telling the story of killing Euronymous in a bit of detail. If i went into this movie blindly what i would have got out of it was that Black Metal in Norway is a huge publicity stunt. I end my rant hear. If you liked the film, fuck off. If you didn't like the film, fuck off. Watch it and make your own decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment